Remote Interpreting has become an increasingly popular option within the Translation and Localization Industry, deserving the attention from Globalization & Localization Association (GALA) given on the conference “GALA 2019”, from March 24th to 27th, including not one, but two presentations regarding the topic.
- Remote Interpretation and AI-based Vendor Selection – Global Approach for Global Leaders
- Remote Video Interpreting for Indigenous Languages: Aboriginal Australia goes High-Tech!
It is true that sometimes there is no need for the interpreter to be present in the room, in other circumstances, there is not enough time for the whole process involving his transfer and these are valid reasons that made GALA start this discussion by putting on the table Remote Interpreting.
It is a fact that Remote Interpreting is becoming a popular service, but as for translation companies, we need to remember that Face-to-Face Interpreting is still necessary and in many cases the only option.
In this regard, Globalization & Localization Association (GALA) compiled “5 Scenarios Where Face-to-Face Interpreting is Needed”, where it refers, in a generic but accurate way, to cases which imply Face-to Face interpreting.
- “When Language impacts the law” - courtrooms especially
- “When Language Impacts Business Results” - high-stakes business meetings can’t have any misunderstandings
- “When You’ve Got Something Important to Say” - employees should understand their safety and health instructions
- “When Language Impacts a Person’s Rights”
- “When the Human Touch is Important” - the human touch shouldn’t be underestimated, some cases involve personal and sensitive issues.
Essentially, whenever misunderstandings could impact a person’s life or wellbeing, face-to-face interpretation should be used!
To find out more about “GALA 2019” visit the contest's programme. As an active member of this association, AP PORTUGAL - Tech Language Solutions will have access to this event and to more information about these and other topics. If you decide to participate in the conference let us know and we can meet up!
Find out more about GALA and our Partnerships Programme with members of that association.
This text was not written by a native English speaker, but by a language lover. However, all our language services are always provided by native speakers.
AP PORTUGAL - Tech Language Solutions is a Portuguese translation company certified by the ISO 17100 International Quality Standard. The company offers a wide range of language services, which include translation (TEP), post-editing machine translation (PEMT), transcription, desktop publishing and subtitling, voice talent, software and website localisation technology, SEO and consulting. It invests enthusiastically in the development of partnerships and cooperation anywhere in the world where your organization may need a partner for the African, Brazilian and European Portuguese language.